Welcome to Lake Avenue Memorial Baptist Church
Claimed by Christ...Committed to Community...Called to Serve
Proposed Statement on Anti-Racism
LABC is in the process of affirming a congregation wide Statement on Anti-Racism. At the present time, our Anti-Racism Study Group has authored a statement that has been received and affirmed by the Church Council. During this time of education and conversation, this statement is available below:
Most Recent Newsletter
June 2021 Newsletter
There is a lot happening at LABC. To find out more, click the link below:
LABC Reopening Criteria
April 12, 2021
LABC has been committed to making the best decisions possible for reopening. We have developed the following metrics based on the reported numbers for the Finger Lakes Region. We will reopen when:
1) 70% of adults (in the Finger Lakes Region) have received at least one dose of vaccine.
2) Hospital and ICU beds are available at acceptable levels based on the NYS criteria for this metric.
3) Transmission factors in the Finger Lakes Region are 1.0 or less. (We
may need to use a related metric if this value is unavailable.)
Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
January 1, 2025
LABC has a long history of being part of the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists. Follow this link to find a copy of the most recent Newsletter from our AWAB friends. It's full of great information and interesting opportunities!
Vacation Bible School
Join us with our friends at Greece Baptist Church for a 6 night Vacation Bible School (VBS) called Creation Camp: Jesus the Peacemaker. Please more information and how to register at the following link:
This Week at LABC
LABC is an active church community. We invite you to join us as we grow in faith, love and service together.
Online Multicultural Worship Service and Social Time
Each Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
Each Sunday we gather as a multicultural church community to sing, pray, read and grow as God's people. Whether you have been part of a church for years, or are new to church, we invite you to join us as we learn to follow Jesus together.
To join CLICK HERE
Meeting ID: 854 2987 6937
For a printed version of the order of service, CLICK HERE
Sunday Morning Adult Education
Each Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
Join us following our Sunday morning online worship as we join together for a time of exploring our faith though Bible Study, topical study, occasional guest speakers, and conversation. All are welcome!
To join adult education CLICK HERE
or phone: 1 929 436 2866
Meeting ID: 893 3347 8130
Anti Racism Study Group
Wednesday at 1:00 p.m.
Join us for our Anti-Racism Study Group each Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Starting Wednesday April 21, 2021 we will be discussing How to Be an Anti Racist by Ibram X. Kendi We invite you to join us, whether you have read the book or not. Join us as we explore some of the themes of the book together.
To join Click Here
or phone: 1 929 436 2866
Meeting ID: 837 9980 7921
Supper and Something
Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
Prepare yourself something to eat (the "Supper"), get yourself set up in front of your computer and join us via Zoom for a time of great conversation (the "Something").
or phone: 1 929 436 2866
Meeting ID: 873 3384 4091
Who We Are
“Claimed by Christ...Committed to Community...Called to Serve.”
Lake Avenue Baptist Church is a Christ-centered, diverse, urban, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, multi-lingual, mission-driven congregation of gifted and caring people. We welcome, unconditionally, all seekers of Christ’s love and direction: women, men, children, youth; people of diverse ages, races, histories, abilities and sexual orientations. We are American Baptist, with historically strong neighborhood and ecumenical commitments. We are:
* Claimed by Christ: We are God’s own and are not here by chance. We open ourselves to God’s Light and Love. We look to the Bible for guidance, and we respond to Christ’s call to discipleship.
* Committed to Community: As members of Christ’s Body, we are as family. We gather for creative and meaningful worship, helpful support and spiritual growth. We are building an open, welcoming, caring and respectful community. We uphold Baptist principles and support strong ecumenical and interfaith ties.
* Called to Serve: We respond to Christ’s call by sharing our gifts in acts of service. We reach out as a church to our neighborhood, our city, and beyond. We go into the world to do justice, make peace, and share God’s love.
Sunday Worship Schedule
(Note - In-Person Worship Temporarily Suspended)
Come and Worship With Us
10:00 AM – Worship Service (Main Sanctuary)
10:30 AM – Children’s & Youth Sunday School
11:15 AM – Fellowship Time (Fellowship Hall)
11:45 AM – Adult Education Offerings (Classroom One and Study)
12:30 PM – Burmese Worship (Downstairs Sanctuary)
Audio Loop for the Hearing Impaired
72 Ambrose Street, Rochester NY